Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring with me when I come?
- ID (valid state ID or U.S. Passport)
- Vehicle title in your name, if selling a car
Where do I go when I get there?
We have employees available as soon as you arrive on site to direct you to the right place and to answer any questions you may have.
What can I expect after I drop off my metal?
- Every transaction is either videotaped or photographed to ensure accuracy and abide by SB171.B.4.
- All cash is verified by a 3-count process and is the responsibility of the customer to verify prior to leaving the window.
Do you accept small appliances or MVACs?
- Yes, and if it is delivered intact and complete, there is no charge for evacuation.
- We do not accept small appliances or MVACs with cut or dismantled refrigerant lines, unless the seller can show they are a registered commercial vendor with Crispin.
- A valid EPA Freon removal certification card, along with a completed retail certification contract, may also be presented.
Can you handle our fundraising project?
Yes, aluminum cans and any other metals from our accepted materials list can be accepted for your project. We currently work with a variety of nonprofit organizations, so call now and we will help you get your project started.
At Crispin Iron and Metal, we want to help you safely and efficiently handle your scrap. Just call and one of our experienced account reps will gladly tour your facility and help with a plan that meets your needs.
Crispin maintains its own fleet to pick up and transport your scrap to our scrap yard and processing facility. Our collection fleet includes tractor-trailers and roll-off boxes.
When scrap arrives at our 17-acre scrap yard, it is screened for radioactive materials and other hazardous waste, protecting you, your organization, and the environment. It is then sorted and processed by grade to ensure the highest return for you.
At Crispin Iron and Metal, we are part of the community. Simply drop off your scrap at our facility. Our staff will cautiously unload your material, while you watch – and you can be assured we will pay top price for your scrap.